MBA Program | Newman University School of Business
Online or On the Ground
Newman's MBA programs are designed to work around the working professional
In a world of ever-changing economic trends, technological advancements and increasing globalization, the need for leaders with analytical and problem-solving skills, negotiation and collaboration abilities, the ability to communicate effectively has never been stronger.
The Newman University School of Business offers a full-time, part-time, and online MBA program to meet this challenge by delivering an innovative and customized curriculum that blends evidence-based theory with relevant, real-world business application. Courses are taught by highly specialized faculty who combine academic foundations and current best practices. Knowledge is shared in the classroom by both seasoned faculty and highly qualified business professionals, who have years of specialized industry and training experience. Information that is gained in the classroom can be applied the next day in the workplace, providing an immediate impact on organizational success.
Flexible class schedules are desiged to accomodate working professionals who value a strong work/life balance with degree completion possible in as little as 12 months.
It is Newman's mission to empower students to transform society.
MBA PROGRAM BENEFITS
- Depending on format, you can complete your degree in as little as 12 months
- Flexible year-round program start dates to meet your work and personal schedule
- Part-time options available
- Competitively priced tuition
- Specialized program concentrations designed to meet your professional career goals
- Innovative values-based curriculum that combines evidence-based theory with relevant current best practices
- Courses are taught by a combination of real-world business practitioners and seasoned faculty
- Case-study instructional methods for integrating analytical thinking and problem solving
- Relationship and network building with colleagues and active professionals who share their expertise
About Our Faculty
Graduate School of Business
The Newman University Graduate School of Business faculty and staff have the knowledge and experience to help you prepare for leadership roles within large companies and organizations. If you need clarification on a class assignment or advice on how to approach your future, you can feel confident that our faculty is available and ready to help.
Wichita is has a rich set of large employers and is home to the second largest private company in America: Koch Industries. It is also supported by the largest private company in America: Cargill. Other significant employers include Spirit AeroSystems, Via Christi Health and Textron Aviation, just to name a few. Wichita is also known for its undeniable entrepreneurial spirit and is home to many thriving small businesses.
An MBA will give you the opportunity to work in a variety of fields and specialties in management-level positions. Here are some examples of potential careers.
- Securities, commodities, and financial services sales agents
- Transportation, storage, and distribution managers
- Financial managers
- Market research analysts, and marketing specialists
- Marketing, and sales managers
We think our university is great, but don’t just take our word for it. Hear what some of our previous students have to say about their experience.
- Megan Hostick '16, MBA
- Tammy White '11, '13, MBA
read her story
What our students say about the MBA program
MBA graduate Freaya Koshy '16 said one of the things that impressed her about the Newman graduate program was the faculty.
“They helped us,” Koshy said. “They were willing to sit with us and go over problems with us. Overall, I think Newman is just a great school.”
Undergraduate degree (any major)
Minimum GPA: 3.0 overall or 3.2 in the final 60 hours of coursework
- Applicants must have completed the following four courses: Macroeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra and Financial Accounting.
- Additional prerequisites - MIS Concentration Only: Introductory Programming, Database Applications, MIS Principles and Computer Network Concepts
For admission to the MBA program, the application steps below must be fulfilled.
Step 1 - Apply to Newman University Graduate Program
$25 application fee applies
Step 2 - Submit Transcripts
Please submit official transcripts documenting receipt of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. If prerequisite courses are listed on a transcript other than the college or university where the bachelor’s degree was earned, they must be provided as well.
Note: If you are a Newman University graduate, you do not need to request transcripts.
Step 3 - Submit Professional Recommendation
Please submit (1) professional recommendation using the linked recommendation form here.
Thank you for your interest in the MBA program.